The test equipment for testing and calibrating spray computers consist of a flow meter connected to a digital flow readout unit in combination with a chronometer. It can be used to determinate the precise and real time application rate by way of measuring nozzle flow at the sprayer boom while driving over a predefined distance at a fixed speed.
This equipment can also be used to test individual flow rate of nozzles.
Testing equipment for spray computers
- The measuring set-up and protocol fulfils the requirements set by ISO 5682-3 'Equipment for crop protection - Spraying equipment - Part 3: Test method for volume/hectare adjustment systems of agricultural hydraulic pressure sprayers‘
- Based on time measurement and volume measurement over a predefined distance.
- Speed and volume/hectare rate are measured at the same time.
- Chronometer accuracy of 0.1 sec
- Flow meter calibrated with an accuracy of +/- 0.5%
- Calibrating and testing spray computers volume/ha rate and speed in field conditions
- Determine volume/ha rate sprayers without spray computer
- Testing flow rate of nozzles when mounted on the spray boom