ILVO is looking for a candidate with a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Sociology, Transition studies or another relevant field of food systems research for
Function EV: research position: development of systems thinking as a tool to support the transition of agri-food systems
Vacancy number: EV/2020/005/L&M
Entity: Eigen Vermogen (EV) - Flanders Research Institute for agriculture, fisheries and food
Department: Social Sciences
Place of employment: Burg. Van Gansberghelaan 115 bus 2, 9820 Merelbeke
- Your core task within our research team will be to implement methods of systems thinking
and co-creation both within ILVO as within the agricultural research community.
- you will contribute the transition of agri-food systems through the development and
implementation of food systems research.
- You will be supported by an experienced and motivated research team within the Social Sciences Unit of ILVO.
- You will contribute to writing project proposals and executing approved projects on these topics. You will publish your results in academic journals, take part in international conferences and further expand your research network.
- You hold a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Sociology, Transition studies or another relevant field of food systems research. If you are in possession of a foreign diploma, you need to obtain an equivalence recognition. You can apply for this at NARIC Flanders.
- You have at least 4 years of working experience, preferably as a researcher or as a facilitator of collaborative processes.
- You are experienced in or have a keen interest in system thinking and/or co-creation tools.
- You are experienced in or have a keen interest in food systems research and/or transition studies, sustainability science and transdisciplinary research.
- You are interested in performing innovative empirical scientific research, using diverse research methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- You have good writing skills, and are fluent in English.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter together with your CV and a copy of your diploma (indicating the vacancy number) to email@example.com, at the latest by March 08 2020.
Suitable candidates (based on CV screening and motivation letter) are invited for an interview in the week of march 16 2020. Please provide a telephone number where you can be reached during the day and indicate your e-mail address on your cv.
Job content: Dr. ir. Fleur Marchand, Agricultural and Farm Management, Social Sciences Unit, 09 272 23 61, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of employment: Caroline Buyst, 09 272 25 12, email@example.com
More info and requirements