ILVO is looking for a candidate with a master degree for
Function EV: Project Manager
Vacancy number: EV/2019/047/T&V
Entity: Eigen Vermogen (EV) - Flanders Research Institute for agriculture, fisheries and food
Department: Technology and Food Sciences
Place of employment: Burg. Van Gansberghelaan 115 - 9820 Merelbeke
You are responsible for following up and executing research, innovation and networking projects with international partners. You will often be expected to work on several projects at the same time and switch between projects from time to time. You will need to multitask and keep a balanced agenda.
Mainly you will be responsible for the progress of the various work packages and will be executing your own tasks within the projects. You will track and perform several operational aspects of these projects and assure a smooth running of these projects: among others, you will organize skype and other meetings with international project partners, ensure correct reporting about deliverables and milestones, and manage that the various work packages and tasks keep moving forward. You also follow up the work being done by international project partners. You report to the senior researchers
on the projects. In addition, you can be asked to do specific research tasks with the support of your expert colleagues, like help with searching the latest advancement in a certain field through literature studies, work on solutions for the sector or organize demonstration events for example. The specific tasks will depend on your skills and on the needs of the group as a whole.
- You have at least a Master degree or equivalent based on experience
- You have very good English speaking and writing skills
- You take ownership of the projects
- You can drive a project forward and can ensure that people work together to achieve the desired results in the required timeframe
- You are a strong team player. Your job requires working together with various colleagues at ILVO and international partners
- You are familiar with agriculture in the broad sense of the word
- (Occasional) international business trips are no problem for you
How to apply?
To apply, send a letter of motivation together with your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, note the number EV/2019/047/T&V.
The application period will end when we find the right candidate so be sure to reply right away.
About the position: Jürgen Vangeyte, Scientific Director of Agricultural Engineering at ILVO,
email@example.com - T: 09 272 27 65
More info and requirements