ILVO is looking for a candidate with a PhD degree in Bioscience Engineering, for
Function EV: post-doc agri food systems
Vacancy number: EV/2019/046/L&M
Entity: Eigen Vermogen (EV) - Flanders Research Institute for agriculture, fisheries and food
Department: Social Sciences
Place of employment: Burg. Van Gansberghelaan 115 bus 2 - 9820 Merelbeke
As a post-doctoral researcher, you will work in a motivated research team within the Social Sciences Unit of ILVO. You will focuss on the development and implementation of food systems research and more specific on methodologies that reinforce systems thinking and co-creation. On the one hand you will contribute to the further development of our research group and on the other hand you will work on specific research projects related to the broad topic of agri-food systems, the transition of these systems and their reinforcement. Furthermore, you will support the enhancement of systems thinking and co-creation approaches both within our own organisation and within the agricultural research community. You will contribute to writing project proposals and executing approved projects on these topics. Moreover, you will publish your results in academic journals, take part in international conferences and further expand your research network.
- You hold a PhD degree in Bioscience Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Sociology, Transition studies or another relevant field of food systems research.
- You are experienced in or have a keen interest in system thinking and/or co-creation tools.
- You are experienced in or have a keen interest in food systems research and/or transitionstudies, sustainability science and transdisciplinary research.
- You are interested in performing innovative empirical scientific research, using diverseresearch methods within a mixed-method framework.
- You have a track record of scientific journal publications.
- You are willing to travel abroad for field research, meetings, workshops or conferences.
- You have good social skills, for example to lead group discussions.
- You have good organisational skills, for example to organise workshops or focus groups.
- You are a team player, but also able to work independently.
- You have good writing skills, and are fluent in English.
- Preferably you are fluent in Dutch, otherwise you have an understanding of Dutch, and arewilling to learn the language within a short time frame.
As soon as possible, preferably January 2020 at the latest.
How to apply?
To apply please send a motivation letter, CV, scientific CV and a copy of your diploma by email to email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday, 1st of December 2019
First selection will be based on the motivation letter and CV. Selected candidates will be invited for a job interview in the first half of December 2019.
About the position: Dr. ir. Fleur Marchand, Agricultural and Farm Management, Social Sciences Unit, Burg. Van Gansberghelaan 115, bus 2, B-9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
firstname.lastname@example.org - T: 09 272 23 68
About the working conditions and salary: Caroline Buyst, HR-specialist
email@example.com - T: 09 272 25 12
More info and requirements