This piezoelectric single droplet generator can be used to produce microdrops of aqueous solutions in droplet-on-demand as well as continuous mode. A high speed imaging system is used to measure droplet (impact) characteristics.
- Droplet generation using a piezoelectric generator (droplet-on-demand/continuous mode)
- Image acquisition system consisting of a background illumination (xenon light/spotlight), high speed camera, micro/macroscope lens and a frame capture device
- Stable generation of uniform droplets with a constant size in a wide diameter range (100 – 500 µm)
- Measurement of droplet characteristics using image processing
- Drop impact analysis
- Testing of optical particle sizing instruments
- Droplet size and velocity measurement