The Polhelmus Fastrak 3D digitizer is a magnetic field digitizer which can be used, among others, for assessing and analyzing 3D plant architecture.
- An alternating current low frequency magnetic field digitizer, consisting of an electronic unit, a magnetic transmitter and a small receiver (pointer) fitted with a switch
- Provides 6-degree-of-freedom: Y Z Cartesian coordinates and azimuth, elevation as well as roll orientation of the receiver
- In combination with appropriate analysis software, 3D plant architecture can be generated in a semi-automated way.
- Assessing and analyzing 3D plant architecture
- Any measures where 3D coordinates are needed
- Motion tracking